Info & FAQ
Do It Yourself fundraising through Team Craig is an exciting way for you to make an impact and help our organization meet our mission by raising funds, your way. The options are endless. The key is to find an event or activity that you are passionate about and that you think your friends, family and colleagues will support.
What type of fundraiser can I create?
Whatever suits your personal style! Here are some ideas:
- Athletics - Participate in a tournament or event as a roller, stroller, runner, cyclist, swimmer, etc.
- Milestones & Special Occassions - Donate your birthday, wedding, baby shower, graduation date to the cause and collect donations!
- Holidays– Ask for donations in lieu of gifts
- Parties– Bring your friends and family together for the cause. You can host a casino night, happy hour, pancake breakfast, potluck dinner or any type of party
- Be Creative – Engage in a type of activity that you would like to do.
How do I get started?
Click start a fundraiser to begin your do it yourself fundraiser. You will receive your own personal page and tools to help you maximize your success.What steps should I take to maximize donations?
I want to raise a lot of money for Craig. Any tips?
Thank you so much for wanting to support patients at Craig Hospital. You're the best! We have plenty of ideas on our Fundraising Tips page.
How do I spread the word about my fundraiser?
After you register, you'll have access to a participant center with tools that will assist you in contacting your network and asking for donations.
If you're doing a physical event, consider sending a Save the Date and using social media to drive people to your fundraising page. Some participants event choose to make a Facebook event to announce their fundraising.
What if donors prefer to give cash or a check?
That's great too! Cash and check donations can be sent to:
Craig Hospital Foundation
3425 S. Clarkson Street
Englewood, CO 80113
We recommend that you include a note that these donations are part of your fundraiser and the contact information for the donors so that we can recognize their generosity and provide them with tax information.
There are tools within the participant center that will assist you in emailing your contacts to announce your event and ask for donations.
Are donations tax-deductible?
Any contribution to the charity qualifies as a deduction under Section 170 of the Internal Revenue Code. Payments made to the third party fundraiser to cover expenses are not tax-deductible. We will acknowledge donations made through your page in accordance with IRS guidelines. If you have specific questions, call or email us!
Do you impose any guidelines for my fundraiser?
We reserve the right to decline association with any activities or third-party fundraisers if we believe the activity may have a negative effect on our reputation. If you are planning to host a physical event (rather than an exclusively online fundraiser), please contact Sue Lynch to discuss guidelines (303-789-8578 or email@example.com). Additionally...
- All events must comply with federal, state and local laws, including fundraising rules and regulations.
- The activity will be promoted and conducted in a manner to avoid the appearance of our organization endorsing any product, firm, organization, individual or service.
- If you would like to use our logo at your event, please reach out to us first for approval. If approved, the logo may not be altered in way.
Who should I contact for more information or to chat about an idea?
We're here to help!
For information about this fundraising site and online do-it-yourself fundraising, contact Becky at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-789-8166
To discuss an in-person fundraiser, contact Sue at email@example.com or 303-789-8578.